Young Advocates Standing Committee (YASC)
The Voice for Young Advocates
The mandate of YASC is to be a voice for advocates ten years of call or fewer by providing them with access to a community of peers and colleagues
, and a platform within the Society.
YASC organizes networking and mentoring events
, publishes articles by and for young advocates in our monthly newsletter
, connects young advocates with volunteer opportunities
and works to ensure that issues of concern to young advocates are addressed
– both within the Society and throughout the profession at large.
YASC: A Primer
- YASC consists of approximately 30 members, including an executive (Chair, Vice-Chair and Secretary)
- YASC is represented on all of the Society's Standing Committees
- YASC is committed to diversity and strives to be a committee that reflects the community we serve, the community of advocates in Canada and members of the Society
- Our members practice in a wide range of practice areas, firm sizes and locations, including Toronto, Ottawa, Kingston, Windsor, London, Thunder Bay, Halifax, Sudbury, Calgary and Vancouver
How to Get Involved
- Contact Penelope Ng at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write for Keeping Tabs- Contact David Campbell at email@example.com
- Become a Committee Member - Applications for the 2018/2019 term are now open. Please complete the online application and attach your current CV here . Deadline is March 9, 2018.