Courthouse Series 2022
Taking the Surprise out of Trial
Alf Kwinter, Singer, Kwinter Personal Injury Lawyers
Barbara J. Murchie, Murchie Law
Yola S. Ventresca, Lerners LLP
The Advocates' Society, in conjunction with various local law associations, invites you to join us for this year’s Courthouse Series: Taking the Surprise out of Trial
, presented across the province.
Even the most experienced lawyer can be surprised at trial. Don’t let surprises throw you off your game. Attend this year’s Courthouse Series, Taking the Surprise out of Trial
, and find out how to effectively prepare for the unknowns of trial.
Experienced advocates and judges will address the most common surprises that throw counsel off during examination-in-chief, cross examination and when examining expert witnesses. Learn strategies and best practices for overcoming the unexpected. Dynamic live and pre-recorded demonstrations will showcase a variety of advocacy styles and techniques.
- Learn how to prepare for unexpected or unwanted answers in chief
- Receive strategies for how to manage and reform difficult witnesses on the stand
- Discover how to achieve and maintain witness control in cross examination
- Find out when and how to ask a question you don't know the answer to
- Learn what to do when the court limits the scope of your expert’s testimony
And for the first time, join us for an "Ask Me Anything" session with local judges at the conclusion of the program where you will have an opportunity to ask judges for practice tips, do's and don'ts, and more!
Whether you are just starting out or have been litigating for years, don’t miss this informative, fun, and affordable local advocacy program packed with practical advice and the CPD hours you need.