The Alberta Excellence in Mentoring Award is an award presented to an advocate who has demonstrated both: (i) an understanding of the key role mentoring plays in supporting a successful career in law; and (ii) a commitment to mentoring young advocates in Alberta.
Congratulations to Oliver Ho
, Jensen Shawa Solomon Duguid Hawkes LLP
, recipient of the 2020 Alberta Alberta Excellence in Mentoring Award.
The award will be presented at The Advocates’ Society Annual Gala on September 16, 2020 in Calgary.
The nominee will be an advocate who is a member of the Law Society of Alberta who practices primarily in Alberta and who will have a demonstrated record of mentoring advocates in Alberta. In considering the nominee’s record of mentorship, the Selection Committee will consider the following criteria:
- The promotion or development of mentees’ leadership skills and the facilitation of mentees’ growth into leaders within the Alberta bar;
- Promotion of the career development of mentees within their firms and/or places of work;
- Promotion of the growth of mentees as advocates, including by taking time to provide mentees with practical feedback and guidance to develop their advocacy skills;
- Promotion of diversity and inclusion within the profession through mentorship and sponsorship; and
- Demonstration of a high degree of integrity and professionalism as a role model for young advocates.