The Alberta Excellence in Mentoring Award is an award presented to an advocate who has demonstrated both: (i) an understanding of the key role mentoring plays in supporting a successful career in law; and (ii) a commitment to mentoring young advocates in Alberta.
The nominee will be an advocate who is a member of the Law Society of Alberta who practices primarily in Alberta and who will have a demonstrated record of mentoring advocates in Alberta. In considering the nominee’s record of mentorship, the Selection Committee will consider the following criteria:
- The promotion or development of mentees’ leadership skills and the facilitation of mentees’ growth into leaders within the Alberta bar;
- Promotion of the career development of mentees within their firms and/or places of work;
- Promotion of the growth of mentees as advocates, including by taking time to provide mentees with practical feedback and guidance to develop their advocacy skills;
- Promotion of diversity and inclusion within the profession through mentorship and sponsorship; and
- Demonstration of a high degree of integrity and professionalism as a role model for young advocates.
The award will be presented at The Advocates’ Society Annual Gala on April 2, 2020 in Calgary.
Nomination Deadline: Friday, February 21, 2020
Please fill out the following nomination form and attach the nominee's C.V. and up to two (2) letters of support (to a maximum of two (2) pages).