Call for Nominations:
The Catzman family, The Advocates' Society and the Chief Justice of Ontario's Advisory Committee on Professionalism are pleased to call for nominations for an award in memory of the late Justice Marvin A. Catzman, recognizing individuals who have demonstrated a high degree of professionalism and civility in the practice of law. The Award will be presented by the Chief Justice at the Opening of the Courts in October 2022 and acknowledged at The Advocates' Society End of Term Dinner in June 2023.
This annual Award recognizes individuals who demonstrate the qualities exemplified by Justice Catzman throughout his distinguished career, including:
- An exemplary knowledge of the law;
- Integrity, fairness and civility;
- Generosity of time and expertise, with a commitment to mentorship and/or legal education; and
- Dedication to the highest ideals of the legal profession
- The recipient must be a lawyer in good standing with The Law Society of Ontario and is not required to be a member of The Advocates' Society.
The nomination period for the 2022 Catzman Award for Professionalism and Civility is now open. The deadline to submit a nomination is June 6, 2022.
The Society is committed to diversity and encourages the nomination of women, Indigenous peoples, francophones, persons with disabilities, racialized peoples and members of the LGBTQ+ communities.